LIVING ABOVE FEARritan360tech
FEAR is one of the greatest LIMITATIONS to achieving success in life.
- Perhaps the biggest BARRIER against one’s progress in life is fear.
- Probably the HIGHEST HURDLE that an individual may have to scale in order to leap to achievement is that of fear. Certainly a major issue to deal with and conquer before one can FULFILL DESTINY IS FEAR.
Whilst studying this subject of Fear, I realised that for most people in the bible that God had packaged a divine purpose for, despite the fact that God had blessed with them with GIFTINGS, TALENTS, ANOINTING, FAVOUR, GRACE, MIGHT and some many other spiritual and physical endowments, God still had to encourage them with that word FEAR NOT.
GOD told Abraham in Genesis 15 v 1, “After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward” and Isaac in Genesis 26 v 2, “And the Lord appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of:”. The instruction was not just because of the dream but to step up confidently to the greatness ahead.
In Luke 12 v 4 – 7, “And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.
Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?
But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.”
In this passage, Jesus Christ taught us not to be afraid of people and of situations. The only kind of fear we are permitted to have is the REVERENTIAL FEAR OF GOD. He is the only one that can kill and make alive.
Psalm 111 v 10, “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.”
Proverbs 9 v 10, “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.”
WHAT IS FEAR?
- Fear is an emotion induced by a perceived threat that causes animals or humans to move quickly away from the location of the perceived threat.
- Fear is a condition of being afraid.
- Scientifically fear is a basic survival mechanism that occurs as a response to stimulus such as pain, threat or danger, this leads to fight or flight.
- Fear is a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil or pain whether the threat is real or imagined.
- Fear is from the devil, it is one of his greatest weapons.
- Fear is more than a feeling it is a spirit and can have manifestations and other complications or ailments like phobias, confusion, panic attacks
TYPES OF FEAR OR FEAR RELATED CONDITIONS
- PHOBIA- This is an irrational fear, typically disproportionate to the actual danger it poses. A phobia is morbid fear, it is a persistent fear of an object or situation in which the sufferer commits to great lengths in avoiding, in a manner typically disproportionate to the actual danger it possess. Or if there is no choice he will endure it with great distress. Examples of phobias – Claustrophobia – fear of closed spaces, Aerophobia – fear of flying or heights. It can lead to panic attacks e.g. vomiting at the mere sight, a feeling of not being in control.
DREAD – 1 John 4 v 18 (Amp.) there is no fear in love, dread does not exist – Dread is a close associate of fear, fearing for or wishing you do not have to do something.
- Fear of death, people ,tomorrow, failure
- Evil foreboding – Being afraid that something bad is going to happen; a feeling of waiting for the next disaster to happen; we are even afraid to expect something good to happen.
- Some people fear for their children, health and finances.
- Fear of judgement and condemnation, when one has done something wrong.
TYPES OF FEAR OR FEAR RELATED ISSUES
- ANXIETY – Anxiety is different from fear as it is a situation which occurs even when there is no external threat, it is a situation of intense distress and panic even when there is no immediate threat – Philippians 4 v 6, “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”
- WHATEVER FEAR YOU HAVE, IT IS NOT OF GOD, FAITH IS FROM GOD, TODAY I WANT YOU TO KNOW GOD HAS YOU INSCRIBED IN THE PALM OF HIS HANDS, SO DO NOT BE AFRAID.
- WE SHOULD NOT SEE GOD OR PRAY TO GOD THROUGH THE LENS OF FEAR BUT THROUGH THE EYES OF FAITH.
ISSUES TO NOTE ABOUT FEAR
- Fear has torment – 1 John 4 v 18, “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.” – Jesus did not die for us to be tormented.
- Fear brings limitation and stagnation to our lives, but John 10 v 10 says Jesus came to give us life more abundantly.
- Fear can destroy our relationships with suspicions and keep us from having good friendships.
- Fear weakens a person and God wants us to be strengthened with power in our inner man – Ephesians 3 v 16, “That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;”.
- Fear isolates, it will keep a person from being involved, fear of being misunderstood, Proverbs 18 v 24 – A man that has friends must show himself friendly. Extreme shyness has its root in fear (Amp.) –timidity, living too carefully.
- Some people have fears about themselves and so do not mix – fear of not talking right.
- Fear will prevent us from walking in love – 2 Timothy 1 v 7, “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” 1 John 4 v 18, “ There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.”
- Fear attacks our minds, and when our mind is attacked it makes us think of absurd things.
- Fear pushes us to emotions that lead us to wrong actions.
- Fear comes from the devil while faith comes from God.
- Fear is a poison, while faith is the antidote.
- Doubt, anxiety, worry are all associated feelings with fear
- Fear can totally prevent one from achieving success or limit or reduce the magnitude of success
- Fear can truncate the course of a destiny despite the potential of success e.g. Gideon, Elijah.
- Fear is intrinsic, you may not realise that you have fear even when you do until a situation arises.
- God does not want us to fear but to deal with and conquer our fears
- There is eternal judgment against the fearful – Revelations 21 v 8, “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
- To do exploits in life you must come out of your fears.
- Fear limits our potential and hinders our aspirations
- The devil attacks us with fear in our thoughts, so to deal with fear you have to deal with your thoughts. 2 Corinthians 10 v 5 says we should cast off imaginations, wrong thoughts.
- To stop wrong thoughts, open your mouth and speak right words i.e. self talk, speak out loud.
- Speak the Word of God out loud, sing praises, you need to halt the evil or fearful thought pattern.
- Thoughts provoke feelings, fearful thoughts provoke fearful feelings like dry mouth, shaking, trembling,
- Do not be afraid to step out of the boat if you start sinking like Peter, Jesus will rescue you.
- Do not be afraid of the past or future, Jesus is the Alpha and Omega He is in control.
- Whatever you have conquered in your MIND, you have conquered in your life. Conquer that situation in your mind by confessing and meditating on the Word of God that relates to it.
- God can do the impossible, there is no person or situation that cannot be changed so stop being fearful concerning your situation.
- 1 John 4 v 18 – there is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear……When you know the love of God for you it relieves you of fear.
- Many of us do not walk in the realization of God’s love for us, if we do we will not fear.
- The minute fear comes release your faith by speaking the word of God….. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing the Word of God.
- No matter how overwhelming the fear is, you have faith to deal with it, Romans 12 v 3, “ For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.” – we all have a measure of faith to deal with that situation we are in.
- You need to release the faith through your thoughts, words, actions and prayer.
- You may need to take an action even whilst still afraid. JOYCE MEYER says ‘DO IT AFRAID’
- Before you conquer that mountain, you must conquer the fear that will not allow you to climb it, rehearse the matter in your mind and confess out loud to yourself that you can do it, confess a scripture that is relevant to your situation, and confess positively about it. Have SELF TALK.
In the face of peril and uncertainty do not fear, confess Psalm 23 –“….though I walk through the valley of shadow of death…..” Satan wants us to expect something bad always, you choose to expect something good because God has got a good plan for you, in Jeremiah 29 v 11 (Amp) — For I Know the thoughts and plans that I have for you says the Lord, thoughts and plans for your welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.
Proverbs 15 v 30 —amplified says, good news nourishes the bones, CEV says good news makes you feel strong – so expect good news about your husband, children, about that result you are expecting from the hospital, decree it is well ahead, no evil foreboding.
- Expectation is a major part of faith Proverbs 23 v 18 (Amp) – your hope and expectation shall not be cut off.
- Confession: I will not fear, I will not expect evil, for God is with me, He has good plans for me and my family in Jesus name.
- I will not be afraid of that situation in my life because I know that God loves me and will bring out the best in me and He is mighty to save and deliver in Jesus name.
- Isaiah 54 v 4, “Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more.”– I will not be put to shame in Jesus name.
- Luke 12 v 7, “ But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.” – I will not fear because my God has not forgotten me in Jesus name.
- Luke 8 v 50, “ But when Jesus heard it, he answered him, saying, Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole.” – Oh Lord from today help me not to fear but believe your Word concerning my life.
- Malachi 4 v 2,“ But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall” – I will only fear God.
Begin to prophesy the Word of God and the promises of God.