THE EQUIPPED LADYritan360tech
THE EQUIPPED LADY
So soon we are in the second month of the year. This year promises to be one of possibility and power. We dropped down running from January 1st with our 100 days FIRE AND POWER program holding every 6am – 7am till April 10th 2015. How equipped are you for this year of ENLARGEMENT AND INCREASE?
The Equipped Lady is the woman dressed inwardly and outwardly for spiritual warfare and ready to be an agent of change in her world.
She is the battle axe of the Lord, ready to make an impact in her generation like; Deborah, Esther and Ruth.
WHY DO WE NEED TO BE EQUIPPED?
• Carelessness is dangerous. If I know a thing is important, I pay attention to it. Greatness requires hard-work, spiritually and physically.
• We must be fully armed for the challenges ahead. John 16:33……These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
• There is an enemy who goes around to attack every believer and even unbelievers without being provoked. John 10:10, 1 Peter 5:8…….Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
• We are dealing with demonic beings and not human beings. Ephesians 6:12 ….. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
• We must equip ourselves so that we do not fall prey to the enemy. Ephesians 6:11……Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
THE ARMOUR OF GOD
• An armour is any covering worn as a defence against weapons or attack.
• An armour PROTECTS the person wearing it.
• Prevention they say is better than cure. Many Christians have sadly become casualties in the Christian race because they did not take precautions
• Do not be naive life is a battle, that is why the bible says fight the good fight of faith. 1 Tim 6:12…………… Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
THE BELT OF TRUTH
• This make us agile for the battle.
• One of the weapons of the devil is lies and half truths.
• Do not succumb to the lie of the devil.
• You do not have to compromise in life always stand on the truth, it pays off eventually.
• The truth may hurt you but it will heal you.
THE BREAST PLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
• The breastplate is to protect our hearts and other vital organs.
• The heart is the seat of our emotions and feelings like; self-worth, confidence, faith etc.
• The devil attacks our hearts with fear, doubt, insecurity etc.
• When our thoughts are based on the Word of God, then we will have the right emotions.
FOOTWEAR OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE
• We must have readiness to spread the good news of the gospel.
• Evangelism is an armour of protection because it announces to people who you are and it upholds your faith .
• Telling others about Christ makes Christianity to grow.
THE SHIELD OF FAITH
• This is to deflect the fiery darts of the enemy.
• The first dart the enemy throws is doubt e.g. Eve in the garden of Eden (Genesis 3 : 1) the devil caused her to doubt the commandment of God, The devil also said,
to Jesus, ‘If you are the son of God…’
• The purpose of the shield is to prevent the fiery dart from hitting the body because those arrows are usually poisoned.
• The sting of the arrows linger long after they have hit the target e.g. Immoral thoughts and images, temptation, ungodly behaviour, false teaching etc.
• Notice in Ephesians 6:16 that the bible says above all(KJV) this means faith is priority.
• The fiery darts and arrows are launched at Christians by demons and demon cultures.
• Faith is belief and trust.
• During battle shields are linked meaning God’s people must come together in church and small groups to watch one another ‘s back.
• There is no room for lone rangers.
THE HELMET OF SALVATION
• The helmet protects our minds and our thoughts against unrighteous thoughts.
• The battle field of spiritual warfare is the mind.
• Thoughts create emotions which create actions.
• Our thoughts are of central importance to our victory.
• The helmet of salvation provides the believer with the mind of Christ and the wisdom of God as he enters the battle.
THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT
• This is the only offensive weapon
• The sword of the spirit is the Word of God.
• We must have knowledge of the Word of God on the issue of our lives
• When we are ignorant of the Word of God concerning the issues in our lives we become defenceless against the enemy
• IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THE WORD OF GOD YOU STAND THE RISK OF SINNING AGAINST GOD- PSALM 119 V11
• This is the only offensive weapon.
• The word of God slashes the enemy.
• By nature the word is living and active and a two-edged sword. Hebrews 4 :12 … For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
• It is the rhema of the word and not the logos that is the offensive weapon.
As you equip yourself this year you will experience peace like a river in Jesus name.
Leave a Reply